PathFinder Session 5
Hear from Zoom's Global Education Lead, Anne Keehn, Zoom's Education Product Lead, Tain Barzso and their guest speaker and author Michelle Weise on how the future of learning and the future of work are intertwining in so many ways that really lead to a new era of continuous learning or as in the title of Michelle's upcoming book, Long-Life Learning: Preparing for Jobs that Don't Even Exist Yet (2020). Both the panel discussion and Michelle's new book will be a fascinating glimpse into a near-future where careers last 100 years, and education lasts a lifetime. Her book makes the case that learners of the future are going to repeatedly seek out educational opportunities throughout the course of their working lives — which will no longer have a beginning, middle, and end. Long Life Learning focuses on the disruptive and burgeoning innovations that are laying the foundation for a new learning model that includes clear navigation, wraparound and funding supports, targeted education, and clear connections to more transparent hiring processes. Both Anne and Tain will share how Zoom is shaping it's offerings to support Learning Anywhere, Teaching Anywhere and Connecting Anywhere.
PathFinder Session 6 - Downloadable document below
Most leadership development programs are event based. You send your employees to a costly workshop and they come back excited to implement the new knowledge. Then we fix it by offering leadership development training to the same people again, creating a very expensive cycle.
In this session, we will share:
- Why training programs fail?
- A successful model for leadership development.
- An overview of the workshops, coaching, reinforcement tools and technology tools.
- Feedback from our participants.
- Feedback from our coaches and facilitators.
- How we shifted to support leaders during the pandemic.
PathFinder Session 7 - Downloadable document below
What is the investment in teacher training worth to your institution? With competition for students at an all-time high and classes on-line and virtual, your instructor work force must be prepared to engage students in every modality. Find out what the data says about student success, increased student retention and instructor proficiency for instructors that have taken courses in the Adjunct Faculty Training Institute at College of DuPage.
PathFinder Session 8
Traditionally, underserved and disadvantaged populations struggle during the height of a healthy economy and often times go unnoticed. This session will cover ways to leverage current situations to promote the growth and development of underserved populations. We will examine ways to increase retention, academic performance, and present a positive impact on workforce development.
PathFinder Session 9
The time is now to lose the fear, learn to expand partnerships, and grow to new heights of success. Join us as the panel will address the following:
- Employer collaboration to maximize ROI
- Understanding employer and employee safety protocols post COVID
- Deeper Dives to deliver training solutions
- The talent pipeline
- Continual communication
- Quality of available workforce
The overall goal of effective partnerships and relationships is to add value to one another’s activity. John Maxwell’s sage advice regarding expanding partnerships and leadership values capture this moment of opportunity best:
- Put behind us the difficulties and before us the progress.
- Put behind us the feelings and before us the values.
- Put behind us the disappointments and before us the gratitude.
- Wisdom always comes from dark times.
- Challenges are finite and infinite hope stands the test of time.